Hi, I’m James - an English guy living in Hong Kong1 - into technology, photos, comedy, smashing telly, Apple, iOS/Mac development and, of course, the weather.
I’m on GitHub too.
I’m one of the current developers of Sequel Ace:
Sequel Ace is the “sequel” to longtime macOS tool Sequel Pro.
A list of my Sequel Ace PRs.
- Migrate query history to SQLite.
- Bundle migration.
- ARM migration.
- Secure Bookmarks.4
- GitHub update manager.
- Performance enhancements/tests.
- Unit tests.
- Many bug fixes.
Some of my repos:
- Compress-Upload-CocoaLumberjack - A mashup of the example CompressingLogFileManager in CocoaLumberjack and BackgroundUpload-CocoaLumberjack.
- Jekyll Utils - Visual Studio Code Extension - a convenient way of creating new Jekyll post files.
- iTunes-Playlist-Recoverer - scripts that attempt to recover playlists from iTunes Library XML files.
- fail2ban-0.8.4-OpenSolaris - Changes to get fail2ban-0.8.4 to run on OpenSolaris 5.11 snv_134 with
- Alfred2-Workflows - Some workflows for Alfred 2.
- dotfiles - My current working branch. See diffs here.
- ios-library_LITE - A lite version of the official Urban Airship iOS library. The official library handles all of their products, supports armv6 devices and does all sorts of logging and analysis. And it crashed a lot. My version just handles [de]registration and fixed the crashes. Plus, it’s much smaller - 4 MB vs 16 MB. You can see all the gunk I removed here.
I also try to contribute to:
- Spotweb - a web-based usenet binary resource indexer.
- iTerm2 - a terminal emulator for Mac OS X that does amazing things.
- SVWebViewController - a simple inline browser for iOS.
- NYTPhotoViewer - A modern photo viewing experience for iOS.
- OneSignal-iOS-SDK - OneSignal is a free push notification service for mobile apps.
- ImageOptim-CLI - automates ImageOptim, ImageAlpha, and JPEGmini to make batch optimisation of images part of your automated build process
Also the occasional Gist:
- verifyReceipt.php - a script to verify iOS in-app purchase receipts
- checkDodgyIPs.php - look up the location of a list of IP addresses. Uses ipinfodb.com. Writes known IP info to a file to prevent repeat lookups.
- upload_symbols.sh - Xcode script to upload symbols to AppCenter during build phase